REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec 10, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), the leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, today announced its 2009 Holiday “10 List,” a shopping list featuring the Company’s top ten last minute holiday gifts, all created in less than ten minutes and delivered within days. Featuring everything from fast photo books to keepsake stocking stuffers, Shutterfly’s top “10 List” offers gifts for everyone in minutes.
According to a recent survey by the National Retail Federation, as of November 17, 2009, half of Americans had not yet started their holiday shopping. “With Thanksgiving holiday running late this year, many people seem to be shopping later as well,” said Peter Elarde, chief marketing officer for Shutterfly. “Whether you’re still looking for that perfect gift or experiencing a bout of holiday procrastination syndrome, Shutterfly makes it easy to buy and send truly personal gifts in just minutes.”
Shutterfly 2009 Holiday Top “10 List”
One-of-a-Kind Shutterfly Gifts in Minutes:
1. Canvas Prints. On the wall and under the tree, large format canvas prints from Shutterfly make a statement. Snap a photo of your sister’s dog, a local landmark, scenic view, or your mother’s childhood home. In sepia, black & white or true color, prints on canvas in one of three large sizes are sure to please (and no one will know they took less than 10 minutes to create). From $89.99.
2. Photo Puzzles. The perfect gift for junior puzzlers, Shutterfly’s CenterStage line lets parents and gift givers add in a photo of a child into the scene of the puzzle itself. New themes for this season include: Star Wars, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Disney, Littlest Pet Shop and Hannah Montana. 125 pieces. Ideal for children eight and up. $34.99.
3. Personalized Ornaments. Start a tradition by adding a new photo-personalized ornament to the tree each year featuring a favorite photo from the past 12 months. Shutterfly’s gorgeous rectangular or vertical pewter ornaments hang by a satin red ribbon and come in a keepsake velvet pouch. $29.99.
4. Keepsake Boxes. Help a loved one relive a special memory every day with a hardwood keepsake box, personalized with a vibrant photo tile on the lid. Inside, soft felt protects jewelry and collectibles. $29.99.
5. Personalized Notebooks. Tag a notebook with favorite photos, a name or a saying for a personal gift in no time. Great for teens or those who love to journal. $12.99.
Shutterfly Gifts Under $25 in Minutes:
6. Simple Path Photo Books. New for the season, Shutterfly offers its award-winning photo books in less time than it takes to enjoy a mug of hot chocolate. Scan a child’s artwork for Grandma; create a black & white book of baby’s first year for Daddy; relive a vacation or pay tribute to holidays past. Whatever the theme, Shutterfly’s simple path photo books are a gift to remember. Simply upload an album’s worth of pictures and Shutterfly will auto-populate a book for you. Quickly customize and order. Five sizes; hard and soft cover. From $12.99.
7. Personalized Stationery. In today’s electronic world, a handwritten note is unique. Why not give that special someone a way to send special somethings all year? Shutterfly’s high quality cardstock stationery is quickly and easily customized with a name or inspirational saying, and is available in hundreds of styles, from the preppy Rugby or hip Pink Zebra – perfect for a teenager; to Simply Apple – ideal for a teacher gift; to the dog-lover’s Best Friend cards. Many styles feature matching address labels, calling cards, notepads and more for a matched set. From $1.39 per card; available in sets of 12 or more.
8. Collage Calendars. Help friends and family ring in the New Year with a fresh, fun collage calendar created in mere moments. New for this season, fresh new designer backgrounds. From $19.99 for 12 months.
9. Photo Stickers. Personalized photo stickers are a fun way to spice up stockings. Kids can decorate their rooms, lockers and more; adults can use them as a unique way to seal envelopes, mark lunchboxes or even entertain toddlers during a trip to the grocery store. Shutterfly photo stickers come in sheets of 24. $5.99.
10. Photo Luggage Tags. Allow your jet-setting friend or family member to find his/her luggage quickly at baggage claim with a photo-personalized tag. Quicker to create than checking in for your flight online, Shutterfly luggage tags are available for $7.99.
Holiday gifts featured on Shutterfly’s “10 List” are delivered in time for Christmas if ordered by December 17th for CenterStage puzzles and as late as December 21st for the rest of the gift list.
Can’t decide? Shutterfly also offers gift certificates in five denominations from $10 to $100. Always appreciated; never expire. The true last minute gift, Shutterfly gift certificates can be emailed to recipients the same day of order.
Don’t Forget Your Holiday Cards
Beyond the gifts, one of the best ways to tell someone you appreciate them is with a heartfelt personalized holiday card. With more than 800 card designs, including New Year’s designs to choose from, and a direct mail feature that takes the hassle out of addressing, stamping and mailing cards, Shutterfly is a full service holiday card destination this year. With a wide variety of New Year’s designs, flat photo cards start at $0.40, flat stationery cards start at $1.29, and folded greeting cards start at $1.49.
For more information on Shutterfly’s 2009 Holiday gifts and cards please visit:
Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. is an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service. Shutterfly provides high quality products and world class services that make it easy, convenient and fun for consumers to preserve their digital photos in a creative and thoughtful manner. Shutterfly’s flagship product is its award-winning Photo Book line, which helps consumers celebrate memories and tell their stories in professionally bound coffee table books. More information about Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) is available at www.shutterfly.com. Shutterfly and Shutterfly.com are trademarks of Shutterfly, Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6117673&lang=en
SOURCE: Shutterfly, Inc.
Gretchen Sloan, 650-610-5276
Copyright Business Wire 2009