REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct 12, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY), the leading Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service, today launches its collection of “Support-A-Cause” holiday cards to benefit five charitable organizations: American Lung Association, Heifer International, LIVESTRONG, Special Olympics and World Wildlife Fund. Ten percent of Shutterfly proceeds from the sale of “Support-A-Cause” cards will go back to the respective causes.
“The holiday season is a time to celebrate the joy of giving, and what better way to give back than by donating a portion of sales to these meaningful charities,” said Doug Galen, senior vice president of business and corporate development at Shutterfly. “We handpicked participating partner organizations because they reflect the values of our customers, and we look forward to supporting their important missions this season.”
“We are honored to be a beneficiary of Shutterfly’s Support-A-Cause card line and grateful to them for supporting the LIVESTRONG(R) movement to reduce the burden of cancer worldwide,” said Lance Armstrong, chairman and founder of LIVESTRONG. “The card line will offer hope and strength to cancer survivors worldwide and serve as a platform for people to reach out to friends, relatives and colleagues and get them involved in the cancer fight.”
Shutterfly’s “Support-A-Cause” card line features dozens of new styles with themes inspired by each charitable organization’s mission. Designs range from classic to modern with photo and non-photo styles. New this holiday season, customers can personalize their holiday cards inside as well as outside with both photo and text layout options. Pricing is based on volume, starting as low as $1.49 per card.
Not only will the charities receive a portion of the proceeds, but the program enables Shutterfly customers to support their causes in a new way. “We know that some of our customers send more than 100 greeting cards each holiday season, and we hope that this program will help spotlight partner organizations to their friends and families, and ultimately help drive awareness and contributions, particularly during this difficult time,” said Galen.
“Support-A-Cause” holiday card partner organizations include:
– American Lung Association – is the leading organization working to save lives, improve lung health and prevent lung disease.
– Heifer International – helps the world’s rural poor lift themselves from poverty to self-reliance through the gift of livestock and training.
– LIVESTRONG – founded and inspired by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, unites people through programs and experiences to empower cancer survivors to live life on their own terms and to raise awareness and funds for the global fight against cancer.
– Special Olympics – an international movement that changes lives and communities by using sports to promote understanding, acceptance and inclusion between people with and without intellectual disabilities.
– World Wildlife Fund – the world’s leading conservation organization working in 100 countries for nearly half a century to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change.
For more information about Shutterfly’s “Support-A-Cause” holiday cards, please visit: www.shutterfly.com/support-a-cause
Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. is an Internet-based social expression and personal publishing service. Shutterfly provides high quality products and world class services that make it easy, convenient and fun for consumers to preserve their digital photos in a creative and thoughtful manner. Shutterfly’s flagship product is its award-winning Photo Book line, which helps consumers celebrate memories and tell their stories in professionally bound coffee table books. More information about Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY) is available at www.shutterfly.com. Shutterfly and Shutterfly.com are trademarks of Shutterfly, Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6068937&lang=en
SOURCE: Shutterfly, Inc.
Gretchen Sloan, 650-610-5276
Copyright Business Wire 2009